Friday 5 April 2013

05/04/2013 - DARK BROWN STOOLS


            Dark brown stools come calling for the barricades, shattering the whistles, battering the self-defence please, marching in hazmat suits, prising in blossom cracks, jerking ironing boards, erasing semi colons, bartering with semantics, trooping with Rohypnol, crawling on belly and nose, creating dictionaries, darting garrottes, slipping past the squelching roughhouse, making much  ado out of the third, dribbling hairdo, cruising along the harbour side, playing the piano sweetly, being voracious, vitrifying the Quasimodo, stroking the panda, diving into headfirst schedules, paying off the larceny groups, teaching the little African monks to sing out of tune, pounding on ounces of drumsticks. Going away.

            I'll clatter and clatter and clatter and then possibly clunk when you're least expecting it but expecting it anyway because you're bored and perhaps a little drunk around the edges. Then and only then shall I paint the town red, a poppy red that works down the shaft and doesn't pay toll vicariously. It's mortifying with its ringtones and incessant love-making options. I want to go home and down the entirety of my DIY orgasm. I wear it because it's comfortable, like the hairs on the back of your lovely neck. It rasps with the memories you keep in your locket and all that bedding you keep it safe with. It's petty, so petty but I will turn it over for you. The sky, that is.  I'll make it into milk for you. The dead shall rise and hog the karaoke machine but at least you'll have time to spoil your tea with brandy.

            It's almost as if you drew jewels all around your nape but only for boorish Easter egg hunters to find. The bitches will sniff it up I'm sure but they'll feel pathetic for it. That's what long work days do to men with butterfly nets. Life keeps the roof down and makes you forget that it ever was there. Just like the time I drank like the Queen's consort, like the fish of proverbial history, like the Tuesday afternoon not spent cross-stitching, like the time I didn't listen, like the time she listed seven reasons, like the time you lost the train in your hamper, like the time our son went down on April Topiary. It's a sulking day for the Templars, methinks.

            Widdershins keeps the pavement from falling down and turning into perfectly-formed homunculi or rosemary beads. The equals sign was implied with heavy quotation marks honking around it. The handle has broken off and I think I'll break it off too, with the cactus dream that is. I can't stand standing around in desert landscapes without an umbrella, it makes me feel distinctly un-British. It makes me sleep with one leg in the air, ankle gradually twisting backwards just to prove a point my cartilage wouldn't want to make notice of.  Sorry if I lost it with you there, I was just wondering about the menus that keep flying through our doorstep, such as the one about the blurbs on the back of cereal boxes. I'll take your mother-in-law there, I think. Yeah, your dearest bit of cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment