Sunday 27 January 2013

27/01/2013 - IT IS A TWISTED PLANE


It is a twisted plane that we tread on with wet feet. We have no idea these days how to live in strife or anything else beginning with the letter 's'. It is a passion play to be alive and one that is so easily missed if you spend your time staring at arses. The water is the land and the land is the water. All surfaces are level to the ageing mind. Stoop and you're doing something wrong.

            There was a man I met once whilst on the River Ganges.  He had hairy toes and pink eyelids that never flickered even when I stabbed at them. He was bleeding from the nose and crying from the lips. Something about lost crayons and eternal damnation. I asked him about the cliff and if he had ever attempted to traverse it. He told me in a whisper that his wife had tumbled from it in the most horrific way possible. I tried guessing but each time a thought popped into my head he always turned to me and told me 'No, that isn't the right one'. Dear God, what this man must have been through. He treads through water every day and yet he is never clean enough to squat down and pass the time in child's play.

            He opened his mind to me and let me peek through his ear hole. It was a precious sight and a precious site. There was no citation I could have made that would make him wink into nowhere. His skull was as pink as his eyelids and his soul as dark green as a dark green thing. I tried to drink from it but he kept looking at me. The rose was blowing in the wind behind us and nobody had stopped to ask it for shelter. Dandelions laughed at the sadness with which it's stem broke.

            I suppose I am binding my hands with this tale now. I suppose the yes on my lips is a no on the hips. I feel disconnected from connections to connectives from my past and I cannot help but bleed and lead. The dog will falter if you call its name. Elvis costs nothing more than a handful of grain and a kiss from the Netherlands. It will not bring him or the dog back again. All it takes is the shards of ice you sometimes find in the Ganges. It is so fine it does not break the surface. There is a mystery to my ethanol. I drink from it purely to go blind and yet it never allows me the pleasure.

            I do hope this means something to you because this means absolutely nothing to me. Vienna is where I shall go to next, in search of an answer to the markings on my calendar. The paper is thin and lightly glossed. New York is in the potato; I carry it around with me to remind me. I hope you think me callous when I say this. I hope you realise that I am bleeding urine all over your furniture and the furniture you will have in the future. I stab at thee. I stab at the last bell. The boiler is boiling burnt boils and I cannot understand the hum. Roll and you are droll to the last. There are no bells in the land of the seaside.

No comments:

Post a Comment